In addition to undertaking many of the functions detailed under Civil Engineering Services the Practice will carry out the design of all structural elements from foundations to superstructures, involving:
- masonry & brickwork
- structural steelwork
- other newer and non traditional materials
All to the appropriate British Standards, Codes of Practice and Building Regulations.
Specialising in the design of unique one-off structures
The company is sympathetic to traditional structures, i.e. barns, cottages etc and refurbishments in traditional materials and construction.
Non-traditional and traditional house construction types including brick, timber, steel and concrete
- Surveys of their condition and instigate remedial works.
- The practice carries out all types of Structural Surveys on both housing and industrial buildings and structures.
- Providing structural capabilities of the various elements.
- Sampling and appraising of concrete components for chloride and carbonation attack.
- Sampling and appraising wall ties for corrosion and estimation of future useful life expectancy.
- Recommendation for structural repairs.
The survey and design functions often overlap, between Civil and Structural Engineering and we also have other significant experience in the Commercial & Industrial sectors.